Monday, January 26, 2009

Presidential Inauguration Reaction

See the Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj4jtdB5oV8

In my class NMC 301 we were asked to scout around campus asking fellow students what their take on Brock Obama’s Inauguration mint to them and what sort of media did they use to view the inauguration. As you can see from the video their were many different opinions and ways the students looked at the inauguration. No one person thought of it the way I had, along with that no one person viewed the inauguration the same way. They varied from online feeds to televise to word of mouth each a form of media each a form of communication, each telling the same story; of the first African American to take the office of president of the United States.
To me the Inauguration was a historic event that will not be forgotten. This was the second inauguration that I have seen. And this time the people where happy to welcome their new president. My memories of the last one I saw bring back coverage of booing and eggs being tossed and a wide protest. The years that followed that inauguration where filled with many unfortunate circumstances that everyone says could have been handled better. I remember my mother telling me that George W. Bush’s dad went to war and she thought that George W. Bush would do the same. When the elections came around I didn’t care too much about it the only thing I cared about was that I was to be the first in my family to vote in a American election. Being that I’m a first generation. But as I started to contemplate who I would vote for and what party I’d support I started to get in to politics. After reading the Audacity Of Hope I became more involved with the election I started (along with many other people) to feel like good news was on the horizon. And when Obama Won I felt like we all help put him there.
I use Hulu.com to see the inauguration this is an official site for NBC and FOX for shows and movies. This web page had a countdown. And I got up a 6am to see the festivities from the start. But I could only but up with fox news for so long so I watched the rest of it on T.V.I also use facebook to chat with other friends that where up at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment