I get up in the morning to an alarm clock that is also my phone I turn on my computer and log in to YouTube and watch the first few things on the Associated Press feed. Then I get ready and walk out the door with my PSP and my back up iPod. I see something strange while walking to class and I take a photo with the digital camera that I carry on me. I get to class, and start playing video games that I have on my PSP till class starts; then I go eat and use the magnetic strip on the back of my ATM to pay for my food. I go home and check my email, then I do my work and it goes on like that. All around the U.S. for college students the stories are similar. I truly believe that technology is the gift we humans give ourselves to make life more convenient and it is depending on how you make it work for you, and how useful it is to you. I tried to think about how my world would be if I lost any piece of convenience and realized that even though I can live on without it I don’t want to go through that. It’s not that I have a dependency on it I think that I’m use to using tools in my everyday life such as my ancestors did when they used tools to fish and carve I don’t think they thought of their use of tools as dependency on something. Media is the cooperation of Engineers programmers and visionaries that work together and say why not, and Media is the tool that today’s people use.
Well it happened I lost an aspect of my media and am making dew with what I have. And now I can see if I can put my money where my mouth is; I can’t afford a new phone till April so I think that I will have to see what my world will be like without twitter, Texting, Phone Calls, a ease to use digital Planner, Radio, Mp3 player and Voice Recorder. Being that my phone served as all this things and sometimes back up things like a Calculator and a facebook Feed, I know that it’s a very important piece of my everyday convenience.
3 days without a phone later: I got my friend to lend me their phone and I put my Sim Chip in it to see how many texts I had missed so far. I had a few voice messages and 27 missed text not counting the facebook feed stuff. I didn’t want to know how many missed calls so I turned off the phone and gave it back to my friend this is going to be an interesting month.
No comments:
Post a Comment