I can see that use of comics in Journalism is exciting but with in this article I found a lot more questions than answers. First I don’t remember comics ever not being a part of real news I can open up any news paper and see that there is some form of political comic in it each and every day. so the use of comics in telling a real life situation is not a new one. . I was also wondering how much inside of the comic world this blogger went? I mean has he even read a Manga most are filled with parities of the real world, or are based on what would happen if some advances in technology go to far. Even in American comics this can be seen. And comics were also used in the time of war, I mean was that not the entire idea behind Captain America [my favorite super hero] ? The next question is what would happen to the world of comics if politics took over it? i can see it now a comic based off of john McCain and Barack Obama

To late... The next thing is what if it improves the quality of comics?I mean what if they take a real world problem and take it to the comic world. I did some research and found out that the comic world had already done that and it was the best thing that has ever happened to it with the Civil war:

I think the reason why I’m not liking this article is because the use of comics in Journalism has been around for as long as comics have existed; and this blog might have been better off being about the history of that even not the implication that it is a new meets old or a new way of looking at things because it is not. I took a look at it again and I found that it's saving grace was that at least it talked about the phenomenon because the truth is that his phenomena is so almost never talked about; but I understand how it can been skipped. Comics are not taken seriously at all and worst is how Manga goes hand in hand with that. They may have amazing story lines but no main stream American book chart takes it seriously. I would like to see a novel with as much depth and illustration as Death note the Manga or as much philosophy as Neon Genesis Evangelion. And the encouraging thing is that it seems like this might happen if journalist are starting to use it more.Maybe one day the skill of drawing will go hand and hand with writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment