Saturday, February 21, 2009

Reaction To: Where to find free sound effects and royalty-free music

http://www.10000words.net/2008/09/where-to-find-free-sound-effects-and.html


With today’s world; of litigious happy record companies; willing to take any person to the bank for what they call improper use of their copyrighted material. It is good to know that there is something that can be done to keep the record company’s money hungry lawyers off your back. The intended audience for this blog was for anyone that uses music in their media that means DJ’s and AMV makers and even independent movie makers! They can all benefit by reading this blog. Today with AMVs and Remixing is hard to say what can and can’t be used and what a right does someone have over their art and someone else’s copyright. I mean if I make a statue out of Pepsi cans is that statutes Pepsi's or mine? Or if I solder a lot of Xboxes to make one incredibly powerful computer; Or if I mix the songs on the CD’s that I buy to make one CD or play list are those things in violation of some copyright? It’s hard to say what is and is not yours after a while; especially if there’s money to be made for something that you made but it is technically someone’s material. But to bring this all back to this article, music is something we all wonder about. And this was an informative blog about how someone can find free and safe to use music for their projects and new media works. The blog went on to dispel several myths about using sound clips and it head helpful links. Two reasons why I read this article were because I have an interest in getting information that I can pass on to other people and I wanted to know where I could get music that I will not get sued for. A major point in the article was that it is possible to get music you can use for free and not only is it possible but it is easy and free. A personal reflection on the article is that I am happy to know that there are people out there that are willing to work for the greater good of the net distributing free things like this, and there are people like this blogger that distribute information so we can find these people so I am going to do the same and add some links at the bottom.

55 Great Websites To Download Free Sound Effects :
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/55-great-websites-to-download-free-sound-effects/

Choose from 100,000 high-quality sound effects and loops.
http://www.soundsnap.com/

FindSounds Search the Web for Sounds
http://www.findsounds.com/

1 comment:

  1. A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need.
    http://freeroyaltyfreemusic.org/

    ReplyDelete